5 Ways to Boost Your Blogging Income Today!
If you’re blogging for income there are two things you want that every blogger wants: traffic and sales. Especially this time of year, when you know your readers are in that “buyer’s state.”
We talk a lot about traffic in our Mastermind group, so let’s talk about getting the click. How do you take your hard-earned traffic and turn it into income?
Grabbing the attention of an online surfer is challenging enough – we only have about 3 seconds, after all! – so you want to turn as many viewers as possible into actual buyers. And you want to entice buyers to become repeat buyers.
Your first goal should be to write blog posts with the intention of converting readers into buyers. Once you’ve done that, how do you get them to push that “buy button” again?
Here are some traffic conversion hot buttons to add to your site today:
- Expose your competition’s weakness. You can expect popular products to attract competitors. Study the competition and find the weaknesses or differences that you can exploit. Are you promoting a product that’s better than similar ones? Do you deliver faster or offer discount shipping, give a choice of downloads or CDs, gift wrap, ship internationally? Does your service include benefits that others don’t? Let buyers know what sets you apart from your competitors.
- Go ahead – name drop! Find a celebrity to endorse you or your product. Not necessarily a movie star, just people who are known and respected in your niche market. Reach out to niche superstars and ask for their honest review as well as permission to use their comments on your website. You benefit from the star power of your endorsers.
- Prove it! Find research that advances you or your product in the marketplace. Even a basic study that shows “7 out of 10 people who regularly exercise are less likely to get prickly heat,” might be linked loosely to your product. Make the connection reasonable. You can do the same thing if you’re selling services. Get creative and find convincing social proof that you’re offering a solution. If there isn’t any research, make your own by using results from an online survey or poll.
- Do some “A/B/C” testing. Create three different pitches that play on your main offering. Use each page for 10 days. At the end of the month, compare results. The pitch that captures the most buyers isn’t always the one you like the most. Remember, it’s about what clicks with the buyer – even if it isn’t your favorite.
- Befriend to win. Make sure that your sales copy creates a connection with your buyer. You can make money with straight sales copy but you’ll make more money when you build relationships with buyers. Let readers into your life enough that they develop a connection and begin to care about you. I guarantee they’ll be more willing to invest in your products and services. Think about how you make a purchase; aren’t you more open to parting with your money when you know, like, and trust someone?
Moving forward, ask yourself, “How can I create a community?” Try starting a group on Facebook, creating a group board on Pinterest, feature a buyer with a photo and candid interview. These are just a few ways you can continue to develop relationships with your readers.
And consistently show up for your audience. Blog daily, respond to comments, answer questions. When you give buyers reasons to drop by regularly, then you are developing a relationship. Needless to say, your “special offer” email is the one that gets read when others are sent to the trash folder.
Let’s Build Our Blogs Step-By-Step…Together! Subscribe and Get Access to My FREE Course, Blog Posts That SELL!
If you want to follow along with my blogging journey and get access to Blog Posts That SELL, the best way to do that is to subscribe to The Savvy Blogger newsletter! Subscribers get weekly updates about new posts, reviews, and I basically share what I’ve been up to on the blog. PLUS, when I release subscriber-only bonuses, you get automatic access as long as you’re on the list. ?