Did you know you can embed Facebook posts directly into your blog posts?
Check it out:
That post is this post right here. Before I tell you how to do it (in just a few easy steps), let me tell you why it’s important.
First, you’re creating another form of content for your readers to gobble up. Your readers want content in all kinds of ways – text, video, audio, social media, PowerPoint slides, downloads, you name it! This is just a quick an easy way of serving them.
Second, you’re cross-promoting! Not everyone picks up on social media buttons and text links and this is another way to say, “Hey! Come check me out on Facebook!”
How to Embed a Facebook Update in a Blog Post
It’s super simple:
- Find the post you want to embed.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the top-right corner of the post.
- Choose “Embed” and copy the code you’re given.
- Paste the code in your blog post.
That’s all there is to it!
One thing to keep in mind is that you want to showcase your best stuff to entice people to visit you. Think outside the box and use this technique to cross promote other blog topics, offers, even other social media platforms you’re on.
Have fun with it!
Bonus Tip – How to Link Directly to a Facebook Post
You can also link directly to a particular post in just a couple of easy steps:
- Find the post you want to link to.
- Click on the timestamp (that’s right under your page name at the top of the post) to be taken to that post’s URL, then copy the URL…OR
- Right-click the timestamp and click “copy link address.”
- Paste the link in your blog post.
If You Like This, You’ll Also Like: