Fire up your grill and try this easy-to-make and flavorful herbed balsamic chicken recipe. Made with fresh herbs, balsamic vinegar, and honey, this dish is perfect for summer grilling.
If you’re looking for a simple and delicious meal to grill during the summer months, look no further than herbed balsamic chicken. This flavorful dish is easy to make, and the addition of fresh herbs gives it an extra burst of flavor that will have your taste buds singing.
In this article, we’ll show you how to make herbed balsamic chicken step-by-step, including all the ingredients you’ll need and the best techniques for grilling it to perfection. So, let’s get started!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, chopped rosemary, and chopped thyme. Set aside.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Brush the chicken breasts with the balsamic mixture on both sides.
- Place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook for 6-8 minutes per side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
Tips for Success:
- Use fresh herbs whenever possible for the best flavor.
- If you’re short on time, you can marinate the chicken in the balsamic mixture for 30 minutes to 1 hour before grilling.
- Be careful not to overcook the chicken, as it can become dry and tough.
- If you don’t have a grill, you can also cook the chicken in a grill pan or in the oven at 375°F for 25-30 minutes.
Herbed balsamic chicken is a versatile dish that can be served with a variety of sides. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Grilled vegetables, such as zucchini, bell peppers, or onions
- Roasted potatoes or sweet potatoes
- Rice pilaf or quinoa salad
- Mixed green salad with a vinaigrette dressing
Herbed balsamic chicken is a simple and flavorful dish that is perfect for summer grilling. With a few basic ingredients and some fresh herbs, you can create a delicious and healthy meal that your whole family will love. So fire up the grill and give this recipe a try!
- Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh?
- Yes, but fresh herbs will give the dish a more vibrant flavor.
- Can I use bone-in chicken instead of boneless?
- Yes, but the cooking time may be longer.
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- Yes, you can marinate the chicken in the balsamic mixture for up to 24 hours before grilling.
- Can I use a different type of vinegar?
- Yes, but balsamic vinegar will give the dish the best flavor.
- Can I use this recipe for other types of meat, such as pork or beef?
- Yes, this recipe would work well with pork tenderloin or flank steak.